You all know how much Stella loves to help out in the kitchen. And being preggers, having my babe in the kitchen with me is a huge help! Last week I posted some delicious hearty winter recipes… And this week, we were inspired to try some of our own. After careful consideration, Stella decided to go with one of her favorite winter recipes, chili! We added some grated cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and some bread for dipping. It was delish! Here’s the recipe:
Stella’s Hearty Winter Chili
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (14.5 oz) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (15 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 oz) kidney beans, drained
- 1 cup water
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Flour (optional to make it thicker)
- Place ground beef in a large pot. Cook over medium heat until brown.
- While the meat is cooking, chop onions and drain kidney beans.
- Add onions, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, chili powder and garlic powder to pot. Stir together and let simmer on low heat for one hour.
- Stir occasionally and add water a little at a time.
- If you want the chili to be thicker, add a little bit of flour.
- Stir in beans and add salt and pepper to taste.
What’s your go to winter recipe? Let me know in the comments!