Hi ediTORIal readers! It’s Kate Van Horn here with another healthy and oh-so-delicious recipe for you, now that autumn is almost here! Flannels, crunchy leaves, and all things pumpkin…. Sounds like fall, right? Pumpkin spice is just about everywhere, and I’m not complaining! This flavor is spicy, sweet, and the best part is that pumpkin actually packs a lot of beta-carotene and other healthy nutrients that make it live up to its hype.
To celebrate the change of season, I’m bringing you a dessert that is simple to make, doesn’t require baking (you’ll get plenty of that around the holidays), and it’s raw, dairy-free, gluten-free and vegan!
These raw pumpkin mini cheesecakes are sweetened by maple syrup and the natural flavors of spices like cinnamon and nutmeg. This dessert contains much less sugar than a slice of traditional pumpkin pie!
Here’s how it’s done…
Raw Pumpkin Mini Cheesecake Bites
Makes: 6 mini cheesecakes
Time: 20 minutes (+ soaking and freeze time)
- ½ cup dates
- 3 T almond flour
- 2 T maple syrup
- 2 T raisins
- ½ T cinnamon
- ¾ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup lite coconut milk
- 3 T maple syrup
- ½ t lemon juice
- ½ t cinnamon
- ⅛ t nutmeg
- Pinch of ground ginger
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Pinch of sea salt
- Soak raw cashews in water, covered for about 1 hour.
- Line a muffin tin with, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a food processor, combine all ingredients for the crust.
- Place 2 T of the crust mixture in each section of muffin tin and press to form base.
- Next, in a high speed blender add all filling ingredients and blend until smooth- about 3 minutes.
- Pour filling over crust.
- Place in freezer and allow to freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Thaw for 5-10 minutes before enjoying.
A treat enjoyed by kids, adults, and all pumpkin spice lovers! Enjoy the changing season and the beautiful flavors of fall!
Find this and more of Kate’s recipes in the online society GOOD.