As a family who loves to get creative, we go through chalk in this house almost as fast as we go through milk! So my #DIYDiva Stella decided to make her own. She wanted to make bigger-than-average chalk in colors she loved and shapes she adored… and let’s just say mission accomplished!
Take a look!
DIY Glitter Chalk
What You’ll Need:
- 2 cups Plaster of Paris
- 1 ½ cups water
- 4 tablespoons tempera paint (if you can’t find the colors you want, mix ones to achieve your desired color)
- Disposable bowl
- Plastic spoon
- Popsicle Stick
- Butterfly silicone molds (Or you can get creative with your chalk figures! These molds are usually sold at craft stores for candy or soap making.)
- Glitter (This is optional, but Stella wanted to add it for extra visual pizzazz!)
- Mix together the Plaster of Paris and water in a disposable bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Add tempera paints until you reach your desired color.
- Sprinkle in glitter (optional).
- Pour the mixture into the molds.
- Use a popsicle stick to scrape off the extra mixture and flatten it into the mold.
- Let the mixture in the molds sit at room temperature on a flat surface for 2-3 hours or until dry.
- Gently remove chalk from mold.
This chalk is great for use on the sidewalk! Just make sure you apply sunscreen before the fun!
What are your little ones’ favorite things to make at home?
Tori + Stella+ Comment