I hope everyone had a great weekend! I wanted to share our family’s Friday night baking session with you. We decided to get creative in the kitchen, and made these adorable (and absolutely delicious) Mini Slider Cupcakes. The “buns” of the sliders are vanilla cupcakes and the “beef patty” is a brownie. We then made “condiments” out of cream cheese frosting mixed with some food coloring. And voila… cute cupcakes that look like mini burgers! Make sure to check out the full recipe below.
And for any Sponge Bob fans (my kids!)… these are also known as Sponge Bob’s famous Krabby Patties! The kids and I had the best time making these. SO tasty, and so much fun to make.
Here’s the recipe:
Mini Slider Cupcakes aka Krabby Patties
- 12 yellow cake cupcakes
- 1 batch brownies
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups Cream Cheese Frosting
- Red, Yellow, and Green food coloring
- Light corn syrup
- Sesame seeds
- Cut cupcakes in half horizontally and set aside.
- Using a 2-inch round cookie cutter, cut 12 circles from brownies.
- Place a brownie patty on each cupcake bottom.
- Divide frosting equally into 3 small bowls.
- Using food coloring tint red, yellow, and green frosting.
- Place tinted frostings into disposable decorating bags or plastic storage bags. Use decorating tips or snip the corners of bags to make a small hole.
- Pipe a zigzag of green frosting around the edge of each brownie patty for lettuce. Next pipe red for Ketchup. And, finally, pipe yellow for mustard.
- Place cupcake tops on.
- Brush cupcake tops with corn syrup.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds
*Makes 12 cupcakes
What should the kids and I bake this coming Friday night? Leave your suggestions in the comments and I’ll choose my fave to make with my babes!