I fantasize about getting away to a spa with my girlfriends, but as a momista-of-four a full-on getaway just isn’t in my cards most of the time. Luckily I have a good trick for getting some much-needed R&R without ever leaving the city (or even the house!): the staycation. If you’ve read my book celebraTORI, then you know that one of my favorite ways to treat myself during a busy week is by setting up a relaxing at-home spa day. In celebraTORI, I share all the details for hosting a spa brunch, from invitations to food to favors. I can guarantee that it will leave you feeling refreshed and renewed, all in the comfort of your own home. But even if you only have a couple hours to chill, you can treat yourself to my DIY body scrub. It’s super inexpensive and only takes minutes to make. Here’s the recipe…
Homemade Body Scrub
- Choose a salt: sea salt, Epsom salt, kosher salt, or even table salt. Fill half of a small bowl with it.
- Pour oil over the salt until it is saturated. Oils that work well include almond, coconut, grapeseed, safflower, and avocado, but there’s no need to run out and buy a fancy oil. Any cooking oil you have in your kitchen will do the trick.
- Add about a teaspoon of honey—but it’s your scrub so feel free to play with measurements.
- Sprinkle in your favorite dried herbs—like lavender, rosemary, and crushed rose petals.
- Mix the ingredients well.
- Put in a mason jar, tie with a ribbon, and a tag for gifting.
How do you make time for a little pampering?
Share your tips with me below. And don’t forget to check out celebraTORI for even more home spa day tips.