In the summer we sometimes have to change up our meals just like we do our wardrobe. It seems like most of the time it is just too hot to prepare a large, warm meal for lunch and the kiddos are too eager to get back to outdoor playtime to stay at the table for longer than they have to.
Thankfully my hubby Dean is always coming up with new ideas for seasonal staples, and this time he came up with the perfect kid-friendly solution. This quick and easy chicken salad has become one of his summer signatures, and I love that it can also be used as a side or enjoyed on the go.
Dean recently shared this recipe on his site, The Gourmet Dad for everyone to enjoy, and it’s just too delish not to share here on ediTORIal, too!
• 1 whole-roasted chicken (your favorite recipe or a store-bought chicken)
• white wine vinegar to taste
• 3/4 cup red or green grapes, halved
• 1/2 cup cashews, halved
• 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced
• 3/4 cup mayo or plain yogurt
• juice and zest of one lemon
What is your favorite summer recipe?