I’m a momista first, but always a stylista at heart. I’ve loved fashion ever since I was old enough to squeeze my pudgy toddler feet into the toes of my mom’s shoes and stumble around the closet in her chic sling back heels. It’s been a huge part of my life and still a passion of mine today. I also believe that you can have great style at any budget. It’s all about staying on top of trends, knowing which ones work best for you, and then wearing them with confidence and panache. (And when in doubt, go vintage!)
So today I wanted to introduce my brand new sarTORIal series to the site. By definition the word sartorial refers to anything and everything having to do with clothing. (You might have heard of the amazing street style blog The Sartorialist. And if you haven’t, you should really go check it out!) I hope to make this the first of many sarTORIal blogs, and I’m super excited to start sharing more of my style cravings with my fellow stylistas here on the site. I wanted to kick off sarTORIal today by sharing a few of my favorite trends for spring. I included a ton of great items that won’t break the bank and a few that are on the pricier side that will provide you with great style inspiration even if you’re not about to go out and buy a straight-off-the-runway Oscar de la Renta ball gown. Take a peek…
1. Fresh Crop. Not only is the cropped pants silhouette flattering on most figures, but it’s totally on trend for spring. I’ve been wearing this style a lot lately (it’s my fashion go-to), and there are also amazing and fun, printed versions. Cropped and printed trousers look great with a simple top and statement necklace, or mixed with another print for my more daring stylistas. It’s also the perfect pant for a busy mom on the go!
2. Flora & Fauna. OK, so floral prints in spring aren’t exactly groundbreaking, but these new vivid graphics bring an undeniable edge to this recurring trend.
3. Bold Stripes. Stripes are back and in a big way… literally. Big, bold stripes are everywhere this season from clothing to accessories to jewelry.So classic, so chic, and so easy to wear.
4. Shine Bright. If you know me then you know how much I love statement jewelry.Bright, poppy colors and unexpected stone combinations will set you apart and let you shine this season. And, for all you busy mamas out there, these bright statement necklaces are the easiest way to turn your outfit from day to night in no time at all.
5. Emerald City. Emerald is my birthstone and has always been one of my favorite colors.But this year, emerald green also happens to be the Pantone Color of the Year.
What are your fave pieces to wear this spring? Any trends you’re loving that I missed?
And if you’d like to see more of these style posts on ediTORIal, let me know in the comments!
P.S. Stay tuned because next week I’ll be taking all of you on a tour of my closet!+ Comment