Who’s been watching Rachael vs. Guy?? You know we’ve been having family cuddle in bed viewing parties every Sunday night to cheer on our Gourmet Dad, and I’m so proud of how far he’s made it!! He’s onto the FINALS this coming Sunday night going head to head against Carnie Wilson!
Dean’s cooked up some delish dishes this season and I wanted to share one of his recipes with you. On Episode 2 he made a Creamed Corn & Pancetta Omelet (which saved him from the bottom 2!) which I have to say I’ve tasted and it is amazing.
Here’s how you can whip up Deano’s mouthwatering omelet:
- 2 Ears Of Corn Or 1 Cup Of Frozen Or Canned Corn.
- 1 Cup Of Half And Half. Enough To Just Cover The Corn.
- 4 Or 5 Slices Of Pancetta
- 4 Eggs. 2 Per Omelet
- ½ Cup Queso Fresco Cheese
- Salt And White Pepper
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ½ An Avocado For Garnish
- ½ An Apple For Garnish
- 1 Tbls Balsamic Vinegar
- 4 Slices Of Crusty Bread For Crostini
- 1 Tsp Each Of Rosemary, Oregano, And Thyme
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- In a medium pot over low heat, add the corn, and 1 clove of garlic peeled. If using corn on the cobb, cut the corn niblets off the cobb with a knife. Heat for about 4 to 5 minutes to warm the corn. Add Half and Half and simmer for about 20 -25 minutes until corn starts to thicken. Add a pinch of salt and a pinch of white pepper.
- In a mixing bowl, crack 2 eggs, add a pinch of salt and 1 tbsp milk. Whisk together.
- Lay sliced bread on a cookie sheet. Take a clove of garlic and cut it in half lengthwise. Using the cut side, rub the surface of the bread with the garlic, brush with olive oil, and sprinkle with rosemary, thyme and oregano mixture.
- In a small frying pan on medium heat, add the pancetta and cook until golden brown. Remove from pan, and drain half the amount of oil out of the pan. Add egg mixture to frying pan, and allow to curdle.
- Put bread in a 350 degree oven to toast.
- Add creamed corn to one half of the omelet, crumble Queso Fresco over corn, then crumble pancetta over Queso Fresco. Fold the other half of the omelet over the side with the filling on it. Place in oven with the bread that is toasting to keep hot.
- Thinly slice avocado and apple. Toss apple in balsamic vinegar. Pull your omelet from the oven, and plate it. Place your crostinis on the side of the plate, and alternate avocado and apple on top of the omelet. Serve and enjoy!
All I have to say about this is YUM! To see more of Dean’s winning recipes from Rachael vs. Guy, check out The Gourmet Dad.
What’s your fave dish to whip up for breakfast?