Crafty mamas, you know that store-bought valentines aren’t gonna cut it this year. Here are some creative crafts that are simple, kid-friendly and unique- they’ll make this Valentine’s Day extra sweet!
If you don’t want to hand out unhealthy sweets to your kids’ classmates, this is a fun take on a valentine from Disney’s Family Fun. Get creative with the notes as well- these are fun to personalize!
Colored Card Stock
- Make a template for your kids to trace around: cut out a cardboard heart.
- Have your child trace the heart onto card stock and cut it out.
- Decorate with pens and stickers.
- Use the hole punch to make holes on each side of the heart and slide the cool pencil through.
Some other note options: “Pencil me in?” or “Cupid was here.”
Valentine’s Day Stickers
- Decorate ziploc bags with stickers and sharpie.
- Write “You’re a Great Catch (Enter recipients name here)!
- Fill with crackers.
3. I Dig You
This is a great option for the really little ones and can be personalized with your kids’ favorite candies or snacks.
Small plastic bag and twist tie
Toy sand shovel
Paint pen or permanent marker
- Close a small bag of candy with a twist tie.
- With a ribbon, tie it to the handle of a toy sand shovel.
- Use a paint pen or permanent marker to write your message at the base of the shovel, just below the candy bag.
Do you have any Valentine’s Day craft ideas to share? Leave them in the comments below!