Liam and Stella on their first day of school last year
As August draws to a close, one of the questions that dominates the minds of us mamas is how will we dress our kids for their first day at school? In my household, choosing back to school outfits is a collaborative process. Stella, for one, is developing quite a sense of style all on her own! How about your little ones?
Here are two looks for girls to kickstart your creativity: boho chic with a crochet trim floral shirt, faux fur vest, and denim skort – or rocker ballerina with hot pink ruffled tutu, rhinestone Hello Kitty rocker tee, knit motorcycle jacket, and sparkle leg warmers.
And for your lil men: preppy ‘n plaid with a plaid shirt rolled, knit vest, cuffed cargos, and topsiders – or dapper dude in straight jeans, a knit cardigan, peacoat, and herringbone slip ons.
These are just a few ideas – I want to see what you come up with! Oh, and if your kids have plans of their own, I want to see those too! We have to let our little ones be independent, even when they insist on pairing zigzags with polkadots or dressing only in varying shades of purple. What can you do?
I know many schools start on different days, so over the next month, I want you all to upload your kids’ first day of school pictures to your profiles! When you do, “like” the pictures and share the link in the comments below.
1. If you haven’t already, sign up for ediTORIal by clicking the orange “sign up” button at the top right of this page
2. Once you’ve signed up, go to your profile by clicking the orange “My Profile” button at the top right of the page
3. From your profile, click your “photos” tab
4. On the right, click “add new photo album:
5. Name your album and click “submit”
6. Click the blue “select” button to choose photos you’d like to upload from your computer
7. Once you’ve selected your photos, click the green “upload” button
8. Once uploaded, click on the photo you’d like to share
9. Below the comments box on the right, click “Like this photo”
10. Copy the link to your photo or photo album in the comments below this post…and that’s it!
At the end of the month, I’ll choose a few back to school photos to feature here on the homepage. One winner will get a signed photo of my family on Liam and Stella’s first day of school. So, start planning those pictures! I can’t wait to see them.
What will your kids wear on their first days back at school?